Fillet wrapped in puff pastry: a spectacular dish that is perfect for the holidays!
published on 2 January, 2018 at 13:00Crunchy on the outside, but tender and delicious on the inside!
1kg of beef fillet
1 sheet of puff pastry
one beaten egg yolk
1. Season the fillet with salt, pepper, and aromatic herbs. Brown the fillet in a hot pan with some olive oil for about 15 minutes.
2. Roll out a rectangular sheet of puff pastry. Place the bacon slices and the spinach over the puff pastry and then place the fillet on top.
3. Roll the fillet up in the puff pastry and seal the ends well. Make some small cuts on the top of the pastry.
4. Brush the top with some egg wash (only yolk) and bake at 190°C for 45 minutes (convection oven).
5. Serve hot. The inside should be a light pink color and the outside crust golden brown and crunchy.
more from Cookist