Pizza Croquetas: a great recipe for an easy and tasty snack!
published on 6 October, 2017 at 13:29Ingredients:
1 cup spicy hot mini pepperoni, sliced finely
2 tbsp olive oil1/4 cup unsalted butter
½ small white onion, finely diced
1 cup plain flour2 cups whole milk, hot
1/2 cup grated mozzarella
2 tbsp finely chopped basil
1/2 tsp oregano1 tsp of salt
1/2 tsp black pepper2 free-range eggs, beaten
150g panko breadcrumbs1 litre olive oil, to fry
1. Heat the oil and butter in a medium non-stick saucepan over a medium heat add the onion and pepperoni. Cook for about 5-6 minutes until the onion has softened.
2. Add the flour and cook, stirring regularly, until no longer raw.
3. Gradually whisk in the hot milk, until you have a smooth paste. Cook for another 10 minutes until thick like mashed potato. Stir in mozzarella, basil, oregano, salt, and pepper. Transfer to a shallow dish then cover, pressing the clingfilm on to the surface of the sauce to prevent a skin from forming. Refrigerate for at least 2 hours.
4. Put the beaten eggs into a bowl, and the panic breadcrumbs into another and remaining 1/2 cup flour in another. Season the flour with remaining salt and pepper. With floured hands, roll spoonfuls of the mixture into cylinders and dip these into the egg, then roll in the panko breadcrumbs until well coated.
5. Heat the oil in a large pan to 180C, or until it begins to shimmer. Fry the croquetas in batches for a couple of minutes until golden all over, then lift out with a slotted spoon and drain slightly. Serve immediately.
more from Food Inspiration
9652 VIEWSFood Inspiration
70 VIEWSFood Inspiration
20 VIEWSFood Inspiration
1431 VIEWSFood Inspiration
18406 VIEWSFood Inspiration
1606 VIEWSFood Inspiration
21560 VIEWSFood Inspiration
21294 VIEWSFood Inspiration
74 VIEWSFood Inspiration
3691 VIEWSFood Inspiration
15208 VIEWSFood Inspiration
67 VIEWSFood Inspiration
2017 VIEWSFood Inspiration
1267 VIEWSFood Inspiration
54 VIEWSFood Inspiration
933 VIEWSFood Inspiration