How to store homemade desserts properly
published on 17 May, 2023 at 13:29
Making or baking cakes, cookies etc. is one of the most creative and satisfying activities one can do in a kitchen.
More often than ever we collect from leftovers from such delicacies, and considering how much effort and time it takes to make them, it would be such a waste if they go bad or damaged.
For this reason let's see some useful tips to store them properly, based on each specific treat.
Leavened cakes or desserts:
1. To avoid them to become dry, wrap them in some plastic or in an airtight container.
2. Then store them in the fridge or oven.
3. If possibile, do not cut or slice the desserts' leftovers but store them intact.
4. To store them even longer, you can freeze them using some freezer bags.
Desserts with fillings:
1. In the fridge they can last up to 3 days, if covered: use both plastic wrap or an airtight container.
2. For the freezer, use some bags and divide them in portions so that you don't defrost too much when needed.
3. You can freeze only desserts made with fresh ingredients, that is ingredients that were not frozen before.
1. For biscuits it's important to avoid contact with air: place them in airtight containers or jars only after they are completely cold.
2. If they have icing on top, place them in layers with some baking paper in between.
3. If they have filling or cream, it's best to store them in the fridge.
more from Home And Diy
313 VIEWSHome And Diy
18 VIEWSHome And Diy
12 VIEWSHome And Diy
34 VIEWSHome And Diy
1697 VIEWSHome And Diy
14 VIEWSHome And Diy
933 VIEWSHome And Diy
369 VIEWSHome And Diy
46 VIEWSHome And Diy
26910 VIEWSHome And Diy
1277 VIEWSHome And Diy
40 VIEWSHome And Diy
1832 VIEWSHome And Diy
281 VIEWSHome And Diy
1005 VIEWSHome And Diy
13 VIEWSHome And Diy