Pumpkin and sausage risotto: here is a unique way to serve it!
published on 27 November, 2017 at 13:00Creamy and tasty, it will become a family favorite. All you need to do is empty out a pumpkin and use it to serve the risotto. Your guests won’t believe their eyes.!
1 small pumpkin
3 tbsp olive oil
500ml vegetable stock
1/2 cup wine
a knob of butter
Parmesan cheese, as needed
1. Remove the top of the pumpkin and empty it out. We used a decorative pumpkin, but if you find a small enough edible pumpkin, then chop up the pulp and use it in your risotto.
2. Sauté the onion in some olive oil. Add the sausage and let it brown, then add the pumpkin. Let it cook for at least 5 minutes before pouring in the rice.
3. Toast the rice for 5 minutes and add the wine. Start cooking the rice by slowly adding the vegetable stock.
4. After about 15 minutes the rice should be ready. Blend in some butter and Parmesan cheese at the end.
5. Serve it inside the pumpkin and top it off with some basil.
more from Cookist