Custard brioche: how to prepare a creamy and fragrant dessert!
- Start with the custard so it will have some time to cool down. Whisk ½ cup of milk with custard powder until no lumps remain.
- In a saucepan placed on the lowest heat, whisk together leftover milk, sugar, and an egg. Pour in vanilla custard powder and cook, whisking for 8-10 minutes or until custard gets thick.
- Pour custard into a small bowl and cover with plastic. Cool down completely and transfer into a piping bag.
- For the dough whisk 1 cup of milk with sugar, crumbled up yeast, and 3 tbsp of flour. Set aside for 15 minutes.
- Whisk 500 g of flour with salt and lemon zest. Pour the yeast mixture in, followed by vegetable oil and an egg. Knead the dough until smooth. Set aside for 30 minutes.
- Spread risen dough in a square baking pan (20x20 cm) and pinch it down with your fingers, forming 3-4 rows. Fill the rows with custard, brush the top with egg wash and sprinkle almond flakes for decor.
- Bake at 180°C/360°F for around 30 minutes.
‘Cookist’ offers you everyday fresh, fun and easy recipes. You can find the best quick and easy to make recipes, simple meal planning ideas and cooking techniques.
Subscribe to Cookist: http://cooki.st/LaxZR
Enjoy with us: http://cooki.st/U93B4
For any content use please feel free to contact
Cookist's cookbook with our 50 best recipes is finally here!
Buy it on Amazon: https://cooki.st/ourCookbook
more from Food Inspiration
10 VIEWSFood Inspiration
9 VIEWSFood Inspiration
4605 VIEWSFood Inspiration
41 VIEWSFood Inspiration
8049 VIEWSFood Inspiration
15532 VIEWSFood Inspiration
17393 VIEWSFood Inspiration
23654 VIEWSFood Inspiration
16762 VIEWSFood Inspiration
11207 VIEWSFood Inspiration
39941 VIEWSFood Inspiration
22143 VIEWSFood Inspiration
54655 VIEWSFood Inspiration
21946 VIEWSFood Inspiration
29058 VIEWSFood Inspiration
28578 VIEWSFood Inspiration