Pumpkin roll: an easy and beautiful fall dessert!
published on 14 November, 2019 at 12:49
Pour the dough over the leaf, the result is pretty amazing!
For pattern batter:
3 tbsp butter at room temperature
3 egg whites at room temperature
60 gr powdered sugar
90 gr all-purpose flour
Gel food coloring
For the pumpkin cake:
90 gr all-purpose flour
½ tsp baking powder
½ tsp baking soda
2 tsp pumpkin pie spice
½ tsp salt
200 gr granulated sugar
2 tbsp brown sugar
3 eggs at room temperature
150 gr pumpkin puree
1 tsp vanilla extract
For the pumpkin spice filling
110 gr butter at room temperature
170 gr powdered sugar
¼ tsp salt
50 gr Creamer
110 gr full-fat cream cheese at room temperature
- Perfect autumn cake with amazing decoration.
- Combine ingredients for icing, mixing the mass until you have a fine, liquid, creamy consistency. Prepare a baking mold, template and baking paper. Divide the icing into small bowls and color them in fall colors, brown, orange, red, yellow ... Prepare a dresser bag and piping tip, a Wilton # 1 or # 2 piping tip proposal and a mini adapter.
- Place a pattern under the baking paper and draw out beautiful leaves and acorns. In the drawing process, be sure to freeze from time to time what you have done so that the colors do not mix and your job is easier. When you have finished drawing, leave your cooling work on while preparing the biscuit mixture.
- Sift together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, spice, and salt in a medium bowl, and set aside.
- Place both sugars and eggs in the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with a paddle attachment, and beat them together for 3 minutes until thick and light yellow. Add the pumpkin and vanilla extract, and mix until combined.
- Add the flour to the mixer, and mix at low speed just until combined. Scrape down the bottom and sides of the bowl with a spatula to finish mixing the batter.
- When you have prepared the biscuit mixture, pour the mixture directly over the pattern you piped in the baking sheet. Spread the mixture evenly and bring it to the oven at 175 degrees for 15-18 minutes. When the biscuit begins to darken and become fine and soft, you have the biscuit ready. Leave it for one minute to cool, then quickly do the following steps. Cover the surface of the biscuit with baking paper, place another pan over the steamer and turn the biscuit over. Carefully remove the baking paper, sprinkle the surface of the biscuit with powdered sugar, then cover it with a kitchen cloth and turn the biscuit again, also sprinkle the sugar on the other side and carefully dip the biscuit into the kitchen cloth.
- While waiting for the cake to cool, make the pumpkin spice filling.
- Prepare the cream. Combine butter, powdered sugar and salt, then add creamer. In a separate bowl, whisk together the cream cheese, then add the cheese to the pre-prepared mixture and combine it with the mixer.
- When the cake is completely cool, carefully unroll it. Some cracking on the top of the cake is normal. Spread the frosting in an even layer on the cake.
- Roll the cake up again, this time rolling it over itself and not the towel. Brush the top of the cake with a light layer of powdered sugar and water to remove the extra powdered sugar and reveal the design. Refrigerate cake for at least 4 hours.
- Cut the cake into pieces and enjoy.
‘Cookist’ offers you everyday fresh, fun and easy recipes. You can find the best quick and easy to make recipes, simple meal planning ideas and cooking techniques.
Subscribe to Cookist: http://cooki.st/LaxZR
Have fun with us: http://cooki.st/U93B4
Try also this recipe:
more from Food Inspiration
0 VIEWSFood Inspiration
18 VIEWSFood Inspiration
6110 VIEWSFood Inspiration
91 VIEWSFood Inspiration
73 VIEWSFood Inspiration
8250 VIEWSFood Inspiration
15594 VIEWSFood Inspiration
67 VIEWSFood Inspiration
6756 VIEWSFood Inspiration
19 VIEWSFood Inspiration
18840 VIEWSFood Inspiration
15981 VIEWSFood Inspiration
13595 VIEWSFood Inspiration
13572 VIEWSFood Inspiration
45 VIEWSFood Inspiration
3506 VIEWSFood Inspiration