Savory sfogliatelle: a brilliant way to make them!
published on 10 October, 2017 at 09:47Tasty and easy to make. The sweet version is delicious, but the savory version is even better!
1 rectangular sheets of puff pastry
2 bell peppers
1 egg yolk
1. Slice the sheet of puff pastry into three strips. Brush each strip with melted butter and overlap the three strips.
2. Roll it up and freeze it for at least one hour.
3. brown the onion in some olive oil, add the bell peppers and season with salt. After about ten minutes, add the crumbled up sausage. Cook for other 10 minutes.
4. Cut the puff pastry roll into 1cm circles and shape them so they look like a sfogliatella.
5. Fill them with bell peppers, brush the top with egg wash and bake at 190° for 15/20 minutes.
more from Cookist